During the summer months, Chestnut Residence welcomes all visitors to Toronto for both short and long term accommodation. We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto within steps of the shopping and entertainment districts, and offer the best value.
Questions? Call us at (416) 977-0707 ext. 0 or email us at email@example.com.
In the summer, The University of Toronto makes its residences available for short terms stays, conference groups, students taking courses or internships. The terms of such temporary occupancies are set out in the rules and regulations agreement. Your occupancy may be terminated at any time in accordance with the agreement and no ongoing rights are created by the agreement.
For short term summer accommodation, click here to make reservations and to check availability and rates. You will be connected to our online reservation system.
A minimum stay of one month is required for all student rates. Chestnut Residence is open to students during the summer months. Accommodations include single and double rooms from May 6th through August 18th 2018. For double rooms, both students must apply at the same time. Breakfast and Dinner are in included in the price*.
If you require accommodation a few days before or after the above summer sessional dates, please email details directly to firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.
Please download an External Student Application* and submit it by email, fax, or in person to:
Front Desk, Chestnut Residence, University of Toronto
89 Chestnut Street, Toronto
Ontario Canada M5G 1R1
* This is for any student who is not currently living at Chestnut. Students currently living at Chestnut who would like to extend their stay over the summer should visit the Current Students tab on our Student Residence page.
|Sessional Discounted Rate (May 6 to Aug 18)*||Regular Sessional Rate (May 6 to Aug 18)||Monthly Rate (30 days; additional days are pro-rated)|
(Per Person Rates)
* Meal Program will end with breakfast on August 18, 2018.
**Must be booked and paid in full by March 30, 2018.
We are also able to attend to group reservations for conferences and social gatherings, contact us for more information.
Each room is private, spacious, with one or two double beds and features an ensuite bathroom with amenities. This is the place for the cost conscious traveler!
Operating through the day in conjunction with a 24 hour security team, the front desk will assist with reservations, registration, check out and directing your enquiries appropriately. If you are arriving later than 11pm, please see the security desk in the main lobby on arrival.
Provided once weekly and toiletries will be replaced for short term stays only. For students guests, we will provide linen and towels however you will be responsible for laundering the. Students may use the central recycle and disposal area on each floor.
Our main dining area serves a buffet hot breakfast and dinner through the summer months. Simple Service, high quality product and economical pricing.
Operating 7 days per week, the centre offers fitness equipment and free weights. Children 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Located on the concourse level, all machines are card operated by an external company.
There is a TV lounge on the 27th floor which is open to all residents. There is also a common area on each floor with a microwave and fridge.
- Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. Check-out time is before 11:00 a.m.
- Two week’s notice in writing is required to the Front Desk if wishing to move out before the departure date. Failure to do so will result in a two-week room charge being levied. If the sessional or the monthly rate has been paid, the occupancy rate will be re-calculated at the monthly or weekly rate, whichever is applicable. If a roommate leaves early, the continuing resident may be relocated to a single room and will be charged at a single rate for the remainder of the stay.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 pm to 9:00 am daily.
- CHESTNUT reserves the right to re-locate a resident from an assigned room given reasonable notice.
- Accommodation charges are due in advance. Failure to pay accommodation charges on time can result in an immediate lock change and the Occupant will be required to vacate the building. Outstanding charges and the cost of the lock change will be sent to a collection agency if the account is not settled before departure from the building.
- A resident may not change rooms nor may a resident sublet or permit someone to stay free of charge in his/her room.
- Visitors are not permitted between midnight and 9:00 a.m.
- The University of Toronto bears no responsibility for damage to or loss of a resident’s private property. The University’s insurance policies do not cover personal possessions.
- A resident is responsible for keeping all common areas (hallways, washrooms and common rooms) clean after use.
- A resident is responsible for keeping his/her linen clean. A resident and his/her roommate (in the case of a double room) are responsible for keeping the room clean. Any damage to or removal of furnishings, will be charged to the resident and to the roommate, in the case of a double room.
- If a key is lost a $30 replacement fee will be applied to your summer account.
- Properly identified Service Staff of the University may enter a Residence room at reasonable hours to affect necessary work.
- For safety reasons roller-blading and bicycles are not permitted in the hallways, nor are ball, frisbee and other missile games allowed on the premises. Bicycles must be located in the bicycle room on the concourse level.
- Smoking is not permitted in any residence area. The consumption of alcohol is prohibited in any public areas of the Residence, including the hallways and common rooms.
- For safety reasons use of electrical appliances such as kettles, hot plates, electric frying pans, woks, microwaves and ovens in the Residence rooms is prohibited.
- The following are not allowed in the Residences at any time: weapons, explosives, firearms, pets or illegal items.
- The Director or their designate has the right to require the immediate withdrawal of a resident from 89 Chestnut Residence (no refunds on accommodation charges will be issued) whose conduct could lead to the injury of others, who engages in threatening or aggressive behaviour towards staff or residents, who appears to have breached the Criminal Code of Canada, who fails to understand and comply with the University of Toronto Code of Conduct/ Policies or who fails to observe the regulations and practices of the Chestnut Residence.
- During seasonal periods of lower occupancy, the University of Toronto makes its residences, which are primarily available to students and occasionally to staff, also available to members of the traveling or vacationing public for short term stays. The terms of such temporary occupancies are solely as set out in the rules and regulations, which sets out the terms of your agreement, and which you should read carefully. Your occupancy may be terminated at any time in accordance with the agreement and no ongoing rights are created by the agreement.
- Internet connection will be accessible to currently registered U of T students. Other residents will need to complete the ResNet application and register for internet use.
Updated January 2018