11:59pm on Sunday December 3rd 2017 – Thursday December 21st
No noise from your room when the door is closed
No noise in the hallways
EXCEPT during CONSIDERATION HOUR 5pm – 6pm daily
- Please be considerate of others who may have begun exams before you or who may be completing exams after you.
- Be conscious of the level of your voices and aware that noise travels down the hallways easily.
- Do not congregate in the hallways!
- Do not have loud, lengthy discussions in the hallways!
- If you are on the phone, please keep your door closed.
- If you have a group of friends in your room, please keep the door closed.
- ABSOLUTELY no running or boisterous activity in the hallways!!!
- When you complete your exams you are EXPECTED to adhere to the above rules.
There will be no Verbal Warnings given during the 23-HOUR QUIET HOURS!
- Your check-out date will be 48 hours following your last exam. The last day to check-out is noon (12pm) on Thursday, December 21st.
- If you have concerns about your check-out date, please visit the Residence Life Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to stay at Chestnut Residence beyond December 21st, you must complete a Winter Break application any questions can be directed to email@example.com
- You must be checked out by noon, but you may stay with your belongings in Urban.
- Ensure your room is tidy and all garbage is removed.
- Garbage bags are available for students to pick up at the Front Desk.
- Once your garbage bags are full, leave the bags at the designated garbage area on their floor.
- When possible, throw out your garbage early so that the garbage room doesn’t get crowded.
- Don’t leave behind any food, garbage, or other items.
Front Desk hours are 7:00am – 11:00pm*
Remember to return the following items:
- room key
*If you are checking out after hours: Please visit the Security Desk to check-out.
- You will be charged $30 if you do not check out and return your key by December 21st
Winter Break – Information
Dec. 21st (noon) – Jan.2nd
Building safety, security & supervision:
- Security staff will conduct patrols of each floor, and monitor the front entrance
- No guests are allowed during the break
- You must show your ID and sign in/out each time you enter/exit the building
- Dons will be on call 24hrs. a day, and reachable by Don on Duty phone 416-791-0420
- The Chestnut Community Standards remains in the effect for the duration of the break
- Front Desk – No mail delivery (will re-open Jan. 3rd at 8am)
- Residence Life Office – Closed (will re-open Jan. TBD)
- Dining Hall – Closed (will re-open for breakfast on Jan. 4th)
- Cleaning Services – no vacuuming (bring your garbage to the 4th floor where it will be collected periodically over the break)
Maintenance notices: We will do our best to keep any disruptions to a minimum.
You may check-in to residence and pick up your new keycard for Winter term as of 8:00am on Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Residence Life Office located on the main floor of Chestnut Residence or email firstname.lastname@example.org