11:59 PM on Thursday, December 6th to Saturday, December 22nd, 2018 (at 12:00 NOON)
No noise from your room when the door is closed
No noise in the hallways
EXCEPT during CONSIDERATION HOUR 5pm – 6pm daily
- Please be considerate of others who may have begun exams before you or who may be completing exams after you.
- Be conscious of the level of your voices and aware that noise travels down the hallways easily.
- Do not congregate in the hallways!
- Do not have loud, lengthy discussions in the hallways!
- If you are on the phone, please keep your door closed.
- If you have a group of friends in your room, please keep the door closed.
- ABSOLUTELY no running or boisterous activity in the hallways!!!
- When you complete your exams you are EXPECTED to adhere to the above rules.
There will be no Verbal Warnings given during the 23-HOUR QUIET HOURS!
To stay in residence over the Winter Break (Dec. 22 – Jan. 6) students must fill out a Winter Break application and submit it to the Residence Life Office for consideration. They will receive an email if their application has been approved.
Applications for Winter Break will be available by October 10, 2018 and the submission deadline is December 4, 2018.
Fee: $400 (charged to your ACORN account) *this amount is subject to change for the 2018-19 academic year.
This fee is not pro-rated, and is a flat rate regardless of how many days you will need to stay during this time.
Front desk will be closed – no mail delivery
The Dining Hall will be closed – no food services
The Residence Office will be closed
You will be required to show your key card and you must sign in and out at Security each time you enter and leave the building.
No Guests are permitted to be signed in over the break.
Security guards will be conducting foot patrols of residence floors.
**No Guests are permitted to be signed in over the break.**
- Your check-out date will be 48 hours following your last exam. The last day to check-out is noon (12pm) on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
- If you have concerns about your check-out date, please visit the Residence Life Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to stay at Chestnut Residence beyond December 22nd, you must complete a Winter Break application.
- You must be checked out by noon, but you may stay with your belongings in Urban.
- Ensure your room is tidy and all garbage is removed.
- Garbage bags are available for students to pick up at the Front Desk.
- Once your garbage bags are full, leave the bags at the designated garbage area on their floor.
- When possible, throw out your garbage early so that the garbage room doesn’t get crowded.
- Don’t leave behind any food, garbage, or other items.
Front Desk hours are 7:00am – 11:00pm and open until midnight on Friday and Saturday.*
Remember to return the following items:
- room key
*If you are checking out after hours: Please visit the Security Desk to check-out.
- You will be charged $30 if you do not check out and return your key by December 22nd.
Winter Break – Information
Dec. 22nd (noon) – Jan.6th
Building safety, security & supervision:
- Security staff will conduct patrols of each floor, and monitor the front entrance
- No guests are allowed during the break
- You must show your ID and sign in/out each time you enter/exit the building
- Dons will be on call 24hrs. a day, and reachable by Don on Duty phone 416-791-0420
- The Chestnut Community Standards remains in the effect for the duration of the break
- Front Desk – No mail delivery
- Residence Life Office – Closed (will re-open Jan. 7)
- Dining Hall – Closed (will re-open for breakfast at 7:00 AM on Monday, Jan. 7th)
- Cleaning Services – no vacuuming (bring your garbage to the 4th floor where it will be collected periodically over the break)
Maintenance notices: We will do our best to keep any disruptions to a minimum.
You may check-in to residence and pick up your new keycard for the Winter term as of 8:00 AM on Sunday, January 6, 2019.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Residence Life Office located on the main floor of Chestnut Residence or email email@example.com